Thursday, April 7, 2011

{Butterfly Birthday Wishes}


Good Afternoon! Today I was able to play with more of my new cling stamps from Inkadinkado, this time the 4 piece butterfly set. For this card I used the Unity Itty Bitty "Just a Note" set to create the cute polka-dot label. The birthday sentiment is from the SU set "Upsy Daisy". To create the butterfly I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo black and colored it with Pro-Markers. To acheive the  cracked glass look I used  Crackle Accents by Ranger. This is just like any other glaze, you cover your stamped item, or whatever you want to coat, let it dry, and it dries looking like cracked glass. Neato! The patterned paper is from the BasicGrey Ambrosia collection.  I used a few different kinds of ribbon, the brown ruffled ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, and the lace strip, and gold glitter strip are from Making Memories. I have to say I LOVE the glitter strip! It adds such detail to the card. I need more colors! I used an EK Success border punch and machine stitched around the card using 2 colors of thread. Today and tomorrow are the last days to sign up for my Bakers twine, buttons, and felt flowers blog candy, you can sign up HERE. Now I also have an A Muse Studio blog candy going on also,and if you would like to get your hands on our new catalog, and 9 yards of their yummy ribbon you can sign up HERE.   Now today I am playing along with a few challenges:










11 comments:

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Ronnie, love the colors!

~amy~ said...

wow...gorgeous work! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous cards! I love that gold glittery edge on the first one. So pretty. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

jimlynn said...

Don't have any idea HOW I missed these beautiful cards! I think I'm totally in love with that second one! Just gorgeous.
Lynn

lotte chew said...

this is so beautiful!!!! the butterfly is so pretty!!

Sue Kohler said...

This is so beautiful Veronica, I love the stunning butterfly and the little touch of gold!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

Kristie said...

Very pretty card! I love the big butterfly and the ribbon behind it. Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh, so lovely! Great colours!

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at Crafty Sentiments for our glitter challenge! JO xxx

Silke Ledlow said...

Veronica, your butterfly card is BEAUTIFUL! The gold strip rocks too! Hugs ~S~