Monday, December 7, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...

I made a wish for a big snowfall over the weekend and my wish came true. Three days later we are still unable to get out of our driveway! Our street does not get plowed so we are at the mercy of the melting sun unless we park the car on top of the road which is salted and plowed when the weather is nasty. We need a 4W drive! (dear santa...) lol Anyways, since I have been home I have had PLENTY of time to make Christmas cards, and get several addressed and ready for mailing.

This card was made with an Inkadinkado clear set that I LOVE. Yeah, I love all of my stamps but I reallllly love this one. I used my Cricut, and SCAL to cut out the Nestabilities shapes, and the DP is from the current SU catalog and it is called "Merry Moments". I keep forgetting I have it. lol The stitched ribbon is from the Offray ribbon out-let. You may not be able to tell from the picture but the little brown bird, and the pine branch were clear heat embossed using SU Old Olive craft ink, and Choco Chip craft ink.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh this is really sweet Ronnie! I do have that paper, but not that stamp set...yet:))
I had to laugh about your comment about the snow, but not to loud because we are battoning down the hatches for our expected 10-13 inches that is supposed to hit over the next couple of days. My hubby was out charging up the snowblower to make sure it was working this afternoon. I must say I am not looking forward to onslaught. No doubt that we will have a white Xmas though and the kids will have their first snowday early this year. Good time to finish up those Xmas cards..right??

Jaspere said...

This is great. Love all the details you added. It all just works so well together.

Beth Jacobs said...

This card is really cute... love the patterned paper (have it , but havent used it yet). love what you did with it.

Sara said...

Very cute, hope you get out soon!

Anonymous said...

Just been hopping and found your blog. What a find! Your cards are really gorgeous. Will follow your blog and looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic work. Hugs Lily.

Maggie said...

Neat card, and I am jealous of your winter wonderland (stuck in your house or not)....we were predicted to get a ton of snow this past week and it was a bust. Love the snow and I'm watching the little bit we got melt as I type (boo hoo!).