Friday, August 22, 2014
Monday, August 18, 2014
Hello! I am very excited to be joining the On Cherry Street Design team as we welcome the latest kit: Ahoy!
These kits are SO much fun!
They include 3"x4" and 4"x6" cards, poloraid frames, wood veneers, and an exclusive set of stamps, and some fun embellishments. These kits can also be used to make cards! The Ahoy kit was also designed to coordinate with the August Sweet Stamp Shop stamp release! How fun is that?!
Here is some more information about On Cherry Street kits!
- No monthly subscription
- It's here to stay (meaning in 30 days it's not leaving - it's a 'permanent' product - as much as any other product is in the sweet shop)
- It's ALL made in the USA. The wood in Utah - the printed paper from a little shop in San Diego - the die cuts from the same shop - the stamps in the USA ... it's all here! We support small - and we appreciate our customers who support us! (it's a special cycle - by purchasing from us - they're supporting so many more small businesses then just sweet)
- We are NOT counting how many pieces are in the kit - my coffee shaking - mistake making - clumsy hands ... are the ones putting these together. So we're not saying 10 cards - 10 wood pieces - etc. That's just setting me up for emails complaining they didn't get something. SO, we'll just say - 'Every kit is filled to the brim with over 35 pieces - from stamps to pocket style cards and wooden embellishments. You'll have plenty in the kit to keep the fun going and going!' --- or something like that.
- The price is $15.95 - we've priced these low (actually lower than I might have wanted - but, we're expecting these to fly off the shelf and as we order more - the price of making them drops - so, we anticipate the margin growing as the popularity does) --- so, with that in mind, these are not going on sale - period. (yep, not even when we have special coupons or yearly sales - it's just $15.95 - until we sell out)
- The stamps in the kit will only ever be sold in the kit - so it's exclusive and will never - ever - ever - be available outside the kit.
- shipping costs are not changing - same flat rate - same timely shipping
Now let me show you what I created using the Ahoy Kit and pictures from our trip to Florida in July!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
So I am excited to be a guest designer this month for "On Cherry Street", the monthly kit from the Sweet Stamp Shop. These kits are a fantastic value, truly. I used "Magical" to create my card.
Not only do they contain enough cards to create a handful of project life pages, they also contain embellishments AND a stamp set! And as an added bonus everything, including the embellishments are MADE in the USA, not delivered from China and sorted in the USA...I've seen a lot of kits offered by various companies over the last few years, and the OCS kits are one of the best values I have seen. And if you needed one more reason to buy them, there is NO subscription, and the kits are not limited only. You can go back and buy any of the kits that have been released any time you like. Hello projects for publication!! ;)
Stay tuned for the next On Cherry Street Release coming up on August 18th! You are going to LOVE it! Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
I love this hobby of ours, I mean, TRULY love it. I love creating something beautiful using ink, stamps and paper and find it very therapeutic. In the world we live in now, I am thankful that I have an escape that doesn't involve leaving my house, just a trip to my craft room. Okay, okay, back to the card, hehe. I stamped this card using the very popular Stampin' Up! set "Kinda Eclectic". The card itself is pretty self explanatory. The banner was die-cut using the SU banner set, and the wood grain card base was stamped using the Hardwood background stamp, and Tempting Turquoise ink and paper.
I am glad you stopped by!
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Today I am thrilled to be joining some of the most talented designers in the paper crafting industry and some very sweet friends in a hop to show case a brand new digital image designed by the very talented Elena Roussakis. You should have arrived here from Cheiron's blog.
To create my card I printed off the image and colored her with Spectrum Noir, and SU Blendabilities alcohol based markers. The patterned paper is from the "Good Day Sunshine" collection by Simple Stories. I hope you like my card! If you would like your very own FREE copy of this image visit Elena's website for the free download. Your next and last stop if you started at the beginning is my super sweet and talented friend Jingle! If you are just now joining the hop here is the complete list:
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, August 7, 2014
So when I saw this months Papertrey Ink Make It Market Kit, I instantly fell in love. I grew up in the country, and this kit appeals to the country girl inside.
I used the Bandanna impression/diecut plate to create the background. Next I stamped the roses and leaves from the PTI set "The Sweet Life". I die cut the banner using the County Fair paper pad that came with my kit, and the Stampin' Up! banner die set. Next I die-cut the banner die and put together the medallion. (It was EASY!) I adhered my floral center piece to the medallion. To finish off my card I die-cut the "Best" sentiment and stamped "wishes" using a stamp from the kit. I LOVE this kit and I am so glad I ordered it. Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
I was playing with the Sweet Stamp Shop "On Cherry Street" kit "Magical" and created this fun little card using one of the journaling cards included in the kit. I stamped a couple of extra gems using the SSS set "Royal Wish" and the stamped starlit background using the stars stamp from "Enjoy Calligraphy". I hope you like this bright, whimsical card, and I hope you will take time out today to "Enjoy The Little Things. Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, August 1, 2014
Ahhh, how about a little change of pace? Today I am sharing a card featuring the wildly popular Wplus9 stamp set "Fresh Cut Florals" with matching dies. This set is so pretty, and building the bouquet is almost like being a florist! The sentiment is by Winnie and Walter, and the die-cut stitched frame is by Mama Elephant.
I am happy you stopped by, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Hello friends! Today I have a couple of cards to share with you using the newly released Stampin' Up! "Sweet Stuff" stamp set. I just love this classic SU set, and I love having a stamp set that can be used for lots of different occasions, more bang for your buck!
I used the SU Heart/Stars stencil background to add the cute hearts, and the banner was created with the banner punch and the SU " All A Bloom" DSP pad.
I created this card with the same stamp set, and patterned paper from the "Moonlight" DSP paper pack. I just love that little bee!
That's it for today, I am happy you stopped by!
Thursday, July 24, 2014
So, I created this card, and had fun stamping my favorite color combo - ROYGBIV - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. I used Stampin' Up!'s Gorgeous Grunge, and Starburst Sayings with the coordinating thinlet set. I added several stitched borders using my sewing machine. I love this card and I hope you like it too! Thanks for stopping by!