Wednesday, March 31, 2010

{Spring Upsy Daisy}

I could not ask for a more beautiful day then what we have here in Southeast Oklahoma today! I wish it could be like this every day of the year! Since the sun is shining I was inspired to create this springy card using the Stampin' Up! set "Upsy Daisy". I love how easy it is to create a beautiful card using this set! The main image was embossed with white powder, and a quick tip when you heat emboss, aim the heat gun on the opposite side that you embossed, and the image will be glossier. It works, it really does! The DSP is "Material Girl" by Cosmo Cricket. I used the SU Scallop Trim Border Punch, and my Janome for the stitching. I used a folder from my Cuttlebug "Romance" collection for the elegant embossing on the top of the card. I am very happy with the way this card turned out! I hope that you are having a great day today, and thank you for visiting my blog!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I will try your heat embossing trick! Really like your DP. Just a lovely card.

D said...

You have a beautiful blog Ronnie, and your cards are just gorgeous :)

Denise

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This card is beautiful! Loving that stamp!

Rachel Hope said...

So Pretty! Love the colors of the papers and the bold white image!

Michelle VP said...

Ooooh, I think this is so pretty. I love the embossed top and flowers. I've never tried heating from behind - thanks for the tip. :)

wendyp said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!! Love that yellow and blue together! thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to try that!