Monday, October 17, 2011

{Make a Wish in Pink}

Make a Wish in Woodgrain2



Good Afternoon friends! Today I am back with a card that I couldn't wait to post! For this card I used the adorable stamp set from The Crafts Meow called Butterfly Kisses. I stamped the main image in Stampin Up Pretty in Pink. To create the beautiful lace background die cut I used the Cornish Heritage Farms "Lace" backgrounders and Latte pigment ink from A Muse Studio. I am thrilled with the end result, it looks like REAL lace. Have I told you lately how much I love A Muse Studio ink? lol, ok, I guess I have but I do, I really really do.  The woodgrain background is actually card stock from A|S as well. I added scalloped trim using SU's ribbon scallop punch, and then I added a line of stitching on each side. I stamped the sentiment using onyx black Versafine ink. The pretty flower is from Recollections, and I added my favorite card embellishment, twine.  Now, it is a little difficult to see in the picture, so here is a close-up:

closeup

I was inspired by the beautiful card by Michelle Wooderson to try my hand at adding a "splash" of white acrylic paint. I followed the method she posted on her blog and I LOVE the way it turned out! It adds such pretty texture and dimension to the stamped image. Speaking of texture I am playing along with the "Textured to Perfection" Challenge at Moxie Fab World. My card is chock full of texture and dimension! I am also playing along with the following challenges:





                                              

8 comments:

Chris said...

Wow~! So fabulous...love the details on this. :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Ronnie!!

Julie said...

Beautiful! I love the "lace" and the twine!

whoistracy said...

Just stunning Ronnie! Love the soft feeling to this. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Kristen said...

So delicate! Love it. (:

Arlene said...

Love how delicate this card is! Beautiful.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Veronica1 Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Rae said...

Soft and pretty!