Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Playing With Color

SUThurs
 
 
Today I have a card that I created for the sheer fun of it! (As if all other card making isn't fun.) My card features the Stampin' Up! stamp sets Stippled Blossoms,  See Ya Later (A Sale-A-Bration set that will be available for FREE on Jan. 28th with a $50 purchase.) and Hardwood, a beautiful wood grain background stamp. I stamped the roses using Strawberry Slush, and Cherry Cobbler. The leaves were stamped using Pistachio Pudding and Gumball Green. I stamped the wood grain background using Crumb Cake that I double stamped. to give it a lighter appearance.
 
 Double stamping is stamping in ink, and stamping "off" on a scrap piece of paper, and without re-inking stamp again to achieve a lighter version of the color.
 
I finished off my card by adding machine stitching and enamel dot accents.
 
I am happy you stopped by, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
 

4 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

GORGEOUS blooms!!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful, Veronica!

Annette Allen said...

you do flowers so well.. this card is totally gorgeous..

Happy Dance said...

This is really pretty, Veronica. The Hardwood stamp is wonderful, as are the flowers, but what I'm most in love with is that sentiment. I can just picture that on a baby card. Really wonderful. Bev