Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Favorite Things Summer School Day 4 - Hay There!

 
Hello hello and welcome to MFT Summer School Day 4! I hope you have been enjoying these lessons as much as I have. The topic of today's lesson is:
 
Line – Horizontal lines can be calm and quiet or an anchor, while vertical lines can convey movement. over the design. This is under the umbrella of creating balance - the way the elements of a card (lines, shapes, colors, textures, etc.) are arranged to create a feeling of stability; a pleasing or harmonious arrangement or proportion in a card design.
 
I had SO MUCH FUN making my card using today's design principle! Here it is:
 
MFT Summer School Day 4 - Line

       Ok seriously, those pigs are the cutest thing EVER! I wanted to try something a little different with the construction of my barn. More often then not I see barns that weathered from age, and 90% of the time they are faded gray. So I used my Wood Planks background and Grout Gray card stock to create my old gray barn. I arranged my pigs, the sun, and the small cloud in a line that I hope, conveys the heart of today's lesson.
 
     Are you guys enjoying this week? I can't wait to sit down and take a look at what you have been working on this week! Make sure you visit the MFT Blog, and if you complete today's homework you will be in the running to win fabulous MFT prizes!




3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO adorable, love those cute piggies!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love the pile o pigs and I just got the barn and need to do some die cutting!

Ruth G said...

This is so adorable! I love the piggies and the hay stack peeking out of the hay loft! TFS!