Wednesday, August 12, 2015

MFT Summer School Day Three - Friends

 
 
Hello and welcome to day 3 of MFT Summer School! Today's lesson is focusing on:
 
Hard vs. soft – For every hard line or edge you place on a card, the design is balanced by some softness, whether it be from a texture (like a ribbon) or a shape (like a circle); too much hard or soft might not work.
 
Here is my take on today's lesson:
 
MFT Summer School - Hard/Soft


    I just love these flowers, and I stamped them in softer tones to keep them from over taking the rest of the design. The rounded corners of my white layer, along with the subtly stamped lace background are a nice balance between the hard and soft design elements of my card. I hope you like it!
 
    Be sure to visit the main MFT Blog to see the full lesson, and to see a list of all the designers playing along with lesson. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Such softness Veronica! You have such a light touch to create pretty things--always. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! You do flowers so well, they put me to shame!