Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Card Concept Challenge #75 - Hello Friend

Hello and happy Wednesday! It's time for a brand new The Card Concept Challenge! We have a beautiful inspiration photo for you to play with:

 
I think this is my all time favorite inspiration photo so far! Here is the card I created:


 
2. Clean and Layered
Definition:
  • clean lines
  • lots of layers
  • designer papers/embossing
  • embellishments/accents
  • clean and fresh looking
  • some coloured images at times
  • white space
 
         I often use the "Clean and Layered design concept when creating cards. I love the look of a "polished" card, something you could frame if you wanted to. Ithas definitely been my go-to for years.
 
               To create my card I used the beautiful "Stitched Roses" stamp set by Waffle Flower stamps. I was an avid cross stitcher before I became a card maker. This set comebines the best of both worlds! All of my patterned paper is from Stampin' Up!and the dies I used are from My Favorite Things.
 
        I hope you will play along with us for our 2 week challenge at The Card Concept!

2 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Veronica, this is so cute! I just LOVE that stitched roses look - -it looks like cross stitch! It is so perfect with the tiny little stitches! Great color and very elegant and feminine too! LOVE it!
Take care!
Michele

Becca Cruger said...

This is oh-sew-chic! :) I love that cross-stitched bloom and the way you incorporated those patterned chairs into your design through that subtle background paper.