Thursday, June 19, 2008

What is white, red, and black?

A sun-burned zebra! Ok, totally corny and immature I know, but I can't help but think of that old childhood joke when I think of red, white, and black. I thought of this card, and the colors I wanted to use as I was going to sleep last night. I have seen several cards lately using black silhouette stamped images and I think they are gorgeous! All of the supplies are SU except the ribbon and nestabilities. The cute DP is from blog candy that I won last week from Erin K Mckinney http://erinkmckinney.blogspot.com/ She is so very talented and I love checking out her blog! Speaking of blog candy don't forget to sign up for my blog candy! You can read about it here: http://lk2thestarz.blogspot.com/2008/06/things-that-i-love-blog-candy-time.html
I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday, which is one day closer to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly Virginia!! I am going with my dear friend Rebecha and I am so super excited! Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Paper and Petals said...

this is beautiful!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

this is a STUNNING card...love the simple color combo, the layout, and the way you popped up the blossoms! Just beautiful! tfs ;)
~Michelle

Melzie said...

It's the first thing I thought of too-- poor Zebra. :)

The card is gorgeous, really!

Lesly said...

Another of your cards that I absolutely love.

Tracy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the popped flowers!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, it's beautiful!! Love the colors, it's simply stunning!!

Paula said...

Ha ha Veronica! Reminds me of one of the riddles my boys always told. What's black and white and red all over? A newspaper! They would think they were so hilarious!
Your card is way cuter than a sunburned zebra, and much more elegant than a newspaper! Very lovely!

Nicole said...

I really like this card, simple, but elegant. Great job!