Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Elephino!

Strange Blog title right? Well, when I was younger my Mom told us a joke that went: What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? Give up? An Elephino! I know it is super corny, but it gave me a chuckle thinking about it. Anyways, if you are still reading thank you for sticking it out. For this card I used an adorable image and sentiment from High Hopes stamps that my sweet friend Kelly RAK'd me. I used my Prisma Color Pencils and Gamasol to color him in. I had to add a little pink to his ears and cheeks to give him a little personality. The DP is from the DCWV Sweet Stack. The solid color Card stock is SU's Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery. I also used SU Rose grosgrain ribbon for the bow. I also used the Cuttlebug Embossing folders Swiss Dots, and Houndstooth. The layout is this weeks sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I love it and plan to use it in other cards. Here is the sketch if you would like to try it for yourself. I hope that all of you are staying warm this week. Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!

11 comments:

linnes said...

I love it, the most cute Elephino I've ever seen, nice ribbon too.

*Sally* said...

lovely colours and super cute eliphino!

Sally x

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautifully done, Veronica!! I love that sweet little elephant.

Jackie said...

Your card is too cute...love your coloring too!!

sumbine said...

Awesome card, i like the cute image and the dp.
I have problems to color this image...you did a great job with your coloring.

Hugs Sabine

Michelle said...

Oh My Gosh! Is that not the most adorable card ever?! I love it!! TFS!

Jaspere said...

You really know how to color an image and your card is adorable. I love how you used the sketch. TFS

Sherberts said...

What a very cute card...great colors!

Elizabeth said...

That is so cute!!

Tina said...

Your Elephino is just adorable! love your color choice for this card!

Tammy said...

It looks so much like an elephino! :)