Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahh, The Sweet Smell of New Rubbah...

I have been dreaming of this card since I saw this set in the upcoming Stampin' Up! Spring/ Summer Mini catalog. The beautiful set is called "Soft Summer". I love the Dogwood branch and I know I am going to be using this set many times! I stamped the blooms on kraft colored card stock using SU White craft ink. The leaves were also stamped with craft ink. (Martha Stewart, gasp!) The outline of the flower/branch was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. After the ink dried I used my neglected Stampin Pastels chalks, and accented the Dogwood Blooms with soft pinks. I am so happy with the way my card turned out! I am supposed to be getting things packed up for my card making class at our local community center but I just HAD to play with my new stamps! I hope all of you are having a lovely day!

7 comments:

Jacquel said...

Very pretty card and I like the pink! tfs!!!

Cheryl Hirzel said...

Beautiful card! I really like this set and the fact that it's good for the money because it's double-mounted (I'm gonna miss those values!)

Jaspere said...

Soft and sweet. Nicely done

Joanne Travis said...

This is the first card I've seen with this set and it is gorgeous!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so very pretty! Love that stamp:-)

Unknown said...

its a beautiful card and im loving the image :)

Michelle said...

Wow! Sweet dreams! Great card!!