Thursday, September 30, 2010

{These Are a Few of my Favorite Things!}


     Cuttlebug embossing folders are most definitely in my top 5 for papercrafting supplies. They add so much to a card, and the folders get better every year! Now I can't continue without giving a shout out to one of  my besties  Rebecha from "I Play With Paper" for letting me now about the newest CB embossing folder release. Thank you sweet friend!
     The cards I made today feature the newest folders from the adorable "Once Upon a Princess" 4 piece Cuttlebug folder set.  I love seeing the embossing folder used on actual cards before I buy them but I couldn't find any online so maybe this will help you decide if you want them or not!
    For the first card I used an adorable butterfly trail embossing folder. I embossed 4 different pieces of DSP, which are all from Stampin' Up!, cut them out, then adhered them to the card using foam squares that I cut in half. The sentiment if from PTI, and the polka dot ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  I am also entering this card into the weekly challenge at "Flutterby Wednesday". You should play along if you get a chance!
  
   For the second card I used the super cute layered cake embossing folder. I added Prima flowers in 2 colors to cover the flowers that come already embossed on the folder. I accented the centers with sticky back pearls. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up, as well as the ribbon and card stock.  This week I plan on featuring two more cards from the Once Upon A Princess Set to show you just how cute they are! Yes, I am an enabler.  As always thank you for visiting my blog today and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG I LOVE that butterfly trail embossing folder - where did you get that?? Thanks for playing with us at the Flutter By Wednesday blog!

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful...I've been toying with getting this set of folders!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

Veronica Z said...

Harriet, thank you for commenting on my card! I did a price comparison on several websites, and Ritz Camera had the best deal! The collection is called "Once Upon a Princess". It has (2) 5x7 folders, and 2 standard size folders.

Danni said...

These are both wonderful but I {heart} the butterfly one...awesome job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Michelle VP said...

Oh, I like, I like! I agree that the cuttlebug is one of my top tools and I haven't seen these folders yet. I especially love the butterfly trails and I so have to CASE your flower cake sometime. So sweet and simple! :)

Kathy Bradley said...

The butterflies are gorgeous - pretty colors too.