Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Beautiful Day!


I made today's card for the upcoming 8th Birthday of my Neice Cheyenne! I can't believe she is going to be 8, and that she will be baptized as well. What a special age! I used a clear set I bought on clearance at Target. The glitter paper is from a DCWV glitter stack that I bought at the flea market for .25! The embossed background image was made using the Fiskars Texture plates and my Cuttlebug. I didn't even use water to get the impression this time. The paper was thinner then SU card stock and that seemed to do the trick. I ♥ my Fiskars plates!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ronnie! I love your birthday card! I had to click on the card to get a close up of the background texture...very cute. Love the sewing and those darling butterflies! Can't believe you found that glitter stack for 25 cents!!! That sentiment is adorable too. How did I miss that at Target? This card is so sweet and feminine looking...your niece is going to love it:))

Maggie said...

What a great card...the butterflies are beautiful, and nice score on the .25 pack of paper...doesn't it feel good to find a good deal like that? :)