Sunday, February 28, 2010

{A Card For a Friend}

I have had a wonderful weekend and I am sad that it is coming to an end. I love it when my hubby is home and we are all together. I hope you have had a great weekend also.
For this card I used some old DP that I have had for awhile. I am really trying to hard to get thru my stash of DP (designer paper) so that I won't feel so bad for continually adding to the stack of DP I already have. I am sure a lot of you know exactly what I am talking about. =0) I used my Cricut Exp. to cut out the butterflies, and then I embossed them with 3 different Cuttlebug folders. I used the new SU border punch that you can get FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration sale. This punch will be in the new catalog that comes out in the summer. Sweet right? The pink background is another CB folder that I sanded with my SU sanding blocks to give it a touch of distressing. Finally I finished off the card with 2 chocolate brads that I had on hand. I hope that you had a nice relaxing weekend, and as always thank you for visiting my blog today!

8 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Lovely! Everything coordinates so well together on this card. :) I've been trying to use my pretty DP too and break the terrible habit of hoarding it.

I would love to join your Busy Bee Bloggers group if you're still taking new members. :)

Veronica Z said...

Michelle, I would love for you to join! I will add your link to the master thread at splitcoast! I am very excited to have several new Busy Bee's!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Ronnie! Love those papers and the butterflies are awesome.

What cartridge are they from?

Veronica Z said...

Kelly, thank you!

I didn't use a cartridge. I used SCAL. =0)

=o) kel said...

very cute!!! good job using stash!! i need to stop swapping and start doing that too!!

lovies, =o) kel

Unknown said...

What a cute card! I love the butterflies, the colors are awesome and it's ready for spring, like ME! haha!

I emailed you as you've won the blessing card from my blog, Altered for Him. Hugs

Sara said...

I love it! That dp is too cute!

Maggie said...

Your embossed butterflies are beautiful. Makes me want to pull out my butterfly dies and get crackin' on some of my own!