Friday, November 18, 2011

{Modern Poinsettia}

Modern Christmas

Good Afternoon friends! Today I am posting a card I created with two challenges in mind, this weeks Papertrey Ink MIM Challenge, and the current color challenge at CR84FN Color Challenge, here is the beautiful inspiration picture:


To create my card I used the Papertrey Ink die set Christmas Poinsettia, and the background stamp set Tin Types and Holiday Photo Finishers stamps and dies for the sentiment lable. The pretty background stamping on the poinsettia is from the Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounder stamp "Lace". I am so happy that CHF is about to re-open their store! To follow along with the MIM challenge I used my glue pad, and glitter to add pretty little floral accents to my tin type background.  I have to tell you that I was soooo close to scrapping this card, as in giving up, but I invested so much time in adding the black hand stitched border to the three layers of the poinsettia that I just couldn't give up. lol  I hope that you like my card, and again I want to remind you about my awesome blog candy giveaway of 6 FULL SIZE Fresh Ink Pads, these are identical to the A Muse Studio pigment ink pads so if you have been wanting to give them a try here is your chance to try them for free! Here is the link:



5 comments:

Vicky said...

Ooh Ronnie this is so pretty hun...and I'm loving the colours too sweetie...

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely!!! The embossed background, the lovely dotty paper and fab pink poinsettia - super Christmas card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and original poinsettia!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the modern Poinsettia and the fancy scalloped border! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty, lovely colours and a fantastic job.