Friday, April 3, 2009

April Showers, and Showers

I know that rain is usually a good thing, and yes, it will make the grass greener, flowers and blossoms abound but I am already tired of it! I am a creature that needs sunlight, and too many cloudy, over-cast days really take a toll on my state of mind. Thankfully the sun is going to be out all weekend and I plan to be out enjoying it as much as possible! Alright, sorry for the rant... For today's card I used the new Stampin Up set "Soft Summer" that can be found in the Spring/Summer Mini that just came out on April 1st. This set is so beautiful and I love coloring in the pretty dogwood blossoms. For the card today I used only my Stampin Pastels (chalks) to color in the image. I love the soft look of chalks and I am very happy with the results. The DP is by Martha Stewart that I bought in the clearance section at Michael's. The satin ribbon is from Big Lots, and the brads from S.E.I. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for visiting my blog today!

10 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just elegant! Beautiful!

Jaspere said...

Wow! This is amazing. Love everything about it especially the colors you chose. Love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Ronnie!! Beautiful and delicate, love it!!

Rain, man I wish we had rain...snow is all we still have...well it's starting to mely, so I guess we have snow and mud everywhere and we just started calving...fun!!

Hugs, Kelly

Sara said...

beautiful card, love the colors

Jacquel said...

This is gorgeous! love the new ss...tfs!!!

Dragana Skoro said...

So soft... nice.

Anonymous said...

I really like the effect of the chalks.

Rebecha said...

I love the softness of this card. It's soooooooo pretty.

Joanne Travis said...

So soft and sweet, I really love this!

Deb said...

Beautiful, love the softness of the card. Would be perfect for a Mother's Day card.