Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Un-Birthday to Me..

I am so excited today! Yesterday my dear sweet Husband stopped by Hancock Fabrics and picked up something I have wanted for a long time....a Janome Sew Mini sewing machine! They were on-sale for 39.99 and I just couldn't resist any longer. It was great not having to worry about shipping. It was a little intimidating trying to get the bobbin and machine threaded but I eventually figured it out thanks to Gina K's amazing tutorial on her website. For my card today I used a layout I have used before because I have always wanted to see what it would look like with stitching added. I am in LOVE! It was "sew" easy...lol. I used Stampin' Up DP from SAB, and the sentiment is from the retired SU set "Cuddles and Tickles". The baby was stamped using the "All in the Family " set and colored with Bic Markers. I am sure my sewing will get better, but I am quite proud of myself for this being my very first card using a sewing machine!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Veronic, this card is seeeewwwww cute:)! You did a terrific job of sewing on it with your new machine! Good choice on the DP and I really like how you finished off the scallop circle around your image! I too used Gina K's tutorial when I got my Janome, although I haven't done any sewing yet on my cards. Now I have some inspiration...thanks!

jacque4u2c said...

This is just an awesome card! You did a fantastic job for your first attempt! It looks like you have been doing this forever!

Vicki Burdick said...

super cute card!!!

Jaspere said...

This is absolutely adorable. Love your stitching.

Unknown said...

ahh so cute!

Unknown said...

I just got the sew mini last month, and it is amazing., i love Gina K's blog.
and you did an excellent job!

Kelly Schelske said...

Un-birthdays are awesome!! Gabulous card, the sewing looks awesome!!

Hugs, Kelly

Paula said...

What a darling card! I love the colors and your sewing is excellent!

Michelle said...

Soooo sweet! He's a keeper! Love that card!

Sharon said...

Your sewing is fantastic!! You must sew fabric because it looks so great!!

Joanne Travis said...

Totally fabulous!! I love the stitching.

*Sally* said...

Delightful!