Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge # 124}

SSD124-2



   Hello! Welcome to this weeks Sketch Challenge at Skipping Stones Design. I am a guest designer for the month of April and I am sad that April will soon be coming to an end. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work with such talented designers, and top quality stamps. To create my card I used the SSD stamp set HeartSong. This is such a pretty set. I used patterned paper from The Paper Studio (burlap, and sheet  music) and paper from LilyBee Design. (cornflower blue pattern). I added machine stitching to my layers , and a touch of vintage lace that I picked up at an estate sale two years ago. To help with the must "vintage" smell I put two dryer sheets in a plastic storage container along with the lace and it worked like a charm. I finished off my card with brown stitched ribbon by Offray. I hope that you will play along with us at Skipping Stones Design this week, and thank you for visiting my blog today!


                                                

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love this. I am trying to challenge my self more with sketches, it can be tough sometimes but your card is beautiful. Just wanted to let you know that I am passing you a Liebster Blog Award over at my blog. http://happystampingdesigns.blogspot.com/

Katie Gehring said...

Love what you did with the sketch! This is really such a lovely card!