Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Moxie Fab Challenge: Stencils!

MoxieStencilChallenge
 
Hello! It has been much too long since I last played along with a Moxie Fab World Challenge, and today I am really excited to be playing along with the Stencils: Styling With Stencils Challenge!
 
I used a stencil I just picked up over the weekend:
 

        To create my "rainbow" effect I used my favorite Stampin' Up ink pads, and lots of foam make-up sponges cut into thirds. The colors I used are Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red. The shade of purple is from Fresh Ink. I sponged each color trying to achieve a somewhat even representation of each color. I used my much loved Papertrey Ink stamp set "Wet Paint" to stamp the sentiment. The butterfly was created using the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set also from Papertrey Ink. You can't see it very well from the picture but I used UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder) to create a high gloss effect on my stamped and die-cut butterfly.

                                 I hope you like my happy card! Thanks for stopping by!
 

8 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Veronica, your card is fabulous! Great job with the rainbow of polka dots for your background and bright butterfly.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO pretty, love the rainbow of dots!

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS!! Love your colorful stenciled BG!! Love it! I sure feel Spring from seeing your beautiful card!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Butterflies and rainbows=bliss!

Happy Dance said...

Oh my rainbowed and stenciled polka dots!! They are just perfect!! Great stenciling. Sweet little butterfly with her own little dots too. And I love that you've double stitched around the edges. Great card, Veronica. So sweet. Bev

Annette Allen said...

wow this is one of my most favorites.. totally fabulous card..

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this! So pretty!

Teresa Kline said...

luvin the rainbow of polka dots...i too have this stencil and it is soooo much fun! your cards are amazing, hope your weekend is great!

sparkle & shine *~*