Sunday, March 23, 2014

Butterfly Thanks

Thanks2
 
   Hello! I have been enjoying playing with the latest additions to my stamp collection, Wet Paint from Papertrey Ink. This set is wonderful! I am going to get a lot of use out of this set for sure. I used the coordinating stamp set also from Papertrey Ink Watercolor Wonder. I stamped the brush strokes in 3 colors of Stampin' Up! ink, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Barely Banana, and Smokey Slate. I added a die-cut butterfly from the PTI Beautiful Butterflies collection.
 
Thanks1
 
      To create my gift box I embossed my gray card stock using the same butterfly die. To keep the die from cutting through the paper you'll need to put a piece of rubber under your card stock.
 
One of my favorite things about this gift set are the wood grain polka dots! I loved the newly released polka dot set, but decided against ordering it because I already have Polka Dot Basics 1 and 2. So, using Polka Dot Basics 1, and the Wood Grain stamp from Farm and Barn I used the "kissing" technique to create my wood grain dots! I am thrilled with the end result! The possibilities are endless!
 
I am happy you stopped by, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

such a pretty color combo for this set! Cool. I was wondering if the older polka dots could be made like the new set. thanks for showing it in action!

Tracey McNeely said...

So lovely Veronica! Can't wait till my PTI arrives, those sentiments are fantastic!