Friday, June 20, 2008

I Love Making Baby Cards!

I have several friends that have had, or are having babies this summer so I have been making lots of baby cards! This card may look simple, but it took me an at least an hour to make the background! What I did was measure out 6 pieces of the SU DP in Bashful Blue and I pieced them together on a piece of plain white CS. Then I used my Hero Arts stitch stamp inked with SU White Craft ink to make the stitching. Well, I didn't think the stitching was visible enough so I traced over every stitch with my white gel pen. That took the longest. I used another Hero Arts stamp to stamp a clothes line and I paper pieced the shirts with the same SU DP. I've been using that grass stamp in a lot of my cards lately. I used Bashful Blue ink and my aqua painters to paint in the sky. The star shaped button brads are from Oriental Trading. I LOVE those little things! Lastly I stamped the "feet" stamp from the SU Cuddles and Tickles set on a piece of scrap paper, and then stamped on my CS so that it would be visible, but just barely. I then used the sentiment stamp from the SU set "Bundle of Joy". This card looks simple, and I like that it does, but it took me awhile to make it. Thanks to everyone that has been visiting my blog this week. I am so happy to have so many new visitors, and I am very flattered that you like my work. Have a wonderful weekend, and if you haven't yet, don't forget to sign up for my blog candy here: http://lk2thestarz.blogspot.com/2008/06/things-that-i-love-blog-candy-time.html Good Luck!

1 comment:

Kelly Schelske said...

How cute!! I need a baby boy card too, a friend of my sister's just ahd their baby yesterday afternoon!! Love your new pict too pretty lady!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend:-)