Sunday, January 4, 2009

I need the sun!



One of the things that I dislike about winter is the sun going down at 5:30. My husband has a long commute and leaves his office at 5:30 but doesn't get home until 6:40. I hate it that he has to drive home in the dark! I also miss the sun staying out later because sometimes I don't get a chance to take a picture of my cards until the evening and I have the hardest time getting a good picture without sunlight. That is what happened with this card! I finished it yesterday afternoon, and tried yesterday evening, and this evening to get a good pic and this is the best I could come up with. Ok, I'll quit complaining and talk about my card! I used Taylor's Cupcake Sketch "TECC49 (for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 49". This was a fun sketch but I opted to not use cupcakes. I used the Close to my Heart Valentine set "All my love", and the DP is the DCWV "Sweet Stack". This was a fun sketch to do and if you haven't already tried you should! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!



11 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Looks awesome Veronica!! I love that set from CTMH>

I agree about the dark thing...Lance goes to work in the dark and comes home in the dark.

Hugs, Kelly

Jacquel said...

Very cute! I think you did a great job on the sketch! nice work!!

Kathryn said...

Such a pretty card -- love the colors and the hearts are perfect!!!

Sharon said...

Oh...I really love this layout & design of your card!! Love the glitter in your DP.

Taylor said...

So sweet! Love the traditional Valentine colors! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Michelle said...

Love your card! Your header makes me hungry too! LOL! TFS!

Jaspere said...

Love your card and I have been having the same problem trying to get a good photo. I've tried lamps, etc but still its not the same. Good luck and happy crafting.

Joanne Travis said...

I love this sketch and your sweet card! Totally adorable.

sumbine said...

Great card, i like the dp.

Anonymous said...

Card is super cute! I like your new layout on your blog too!
P.S. Bring back the SUN!

Unknown said...

great great card!
love everything about it ;)