Monday, January 26, 2009

Prettiest Butterfly



The Stampin' Up! set " Butterfly of Happiness" is hands down my favorite butterfly set of all time. (Well, so far anyways) I have used it so many times, and I know it is a set I will have for many years to come. For this card I used a sketch from the adorable blog Stamping with a Whiff of Joy I used sketch #38



I used Not Quite Navy, Kraft, and Whisper White c/s. I stamped the fancy background image multiple times with a stamp from the Inkadinkado set "Garden Delight". The dotted BG is from the Fall Winter SU hostess DP pack. I used my SU Mat Stack to pierce the holes and then I used Linen thread and an embroidery needle for the stitching. The flowers are also from the "Butterfly of Happiness" set, that I accented with Provo Craft beads. (That took awhile). The main butterfly image is raised with a pop dot. All in all I am very happy with the way this card turned out! I hope that you have a fabulous day!











13 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Veronica!! Great job on the sketch!! I love the colors together and the stitching is fabulous!!

Hugs, Kelly

Unknown said...

just beautiful, i love it

Jaspere said...

Wow! That is a great set. Love your card it is oh so lovely.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome! Love it!!!

Jacquel said...

This is beautiful! love the sketch...tfs!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you add the blue to the "inside" of the butterfly or is it part of the stamp? It's such a pretty effect, I'd love to know how you did it.

Great quote too!

Veronica Z said...

The blue is part of the stamp. All I did was ink up the stamp and stamp it. Then cut it out. Thank you for the sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

very nice.. the stitching and the beads on the flowers give the already pretty card and extra special touch!

Sara said...

oh my goodness, great job, love everything about it

Joanne Travis said...

This is a fabulous layout with wonderful colors and stamps. Love the stitching accents, they are so pretty!!

Tammy said...

This is stunning!!!

sumbine said...

Fabulous card, the butterfly looks great!

Tammy said...

Very, very pretty.