Friday, March 4, 2011

{Keep Trying, Keep Trying, Don't Give Up}


Well, if any of you have small children, then you have probably seen an episode or two of "Yo Gabba Gabba". The title of my blog today is a song from YGG that gets stuck in my head for days whenever I hear it. lol  The words ring true today....I did not have any cards picked up in the PC Magazine "Go To Sketch" edition card call. It hurts the pride I admit, and briefly made me question whether or not "I've got it". But after I lick my wounds for a few hours my love of paper crafting overshadows the pangs of rejection and I start thinking about my next card. =0) Today I am  posting one of my "rejects". I used paper from the new Jillibean Soup collection "Dutch Mustard". Aren't the colors fun? I used sketch #69. I made the flower using basic heart shapes that I glued to a 1" circle punch. I still love this card, and will keep trying, and for my fellow paper crafters, keep trying, don't give up!

     On a much happier note though I am extremely pleased to announce that I was chosen to be Pink Cat Studio's Guest Designer for the St. Pattie's day Digi stamp release!!  Yay me, and thank you Melissa for the honor of representing  PCS!

   And I can't believe I forgot to mention this super exciting news, I signed up this week to be one of the very first A|Muse Creative Consultants! If you have not checked out the new catalog here is a link:

https://www.securedcontent.net/amuse/pdfs/2011AMuseStudioCatalog.pdf

 I have never seen so many stamps, and matching supplies that I love, and I truly mean that.The prices are great on the stamp sets which is what made me decide to become a consultant. If you would like to put in an order let me know. I would love to be your creative consultant!

   

18 comments:

Sara Henton said...

What a cute card!! And what great news to rally with!!

smdluxe said...

I love your card. When one door closes another will open! Congrats with the Guest Designer Call and good luck with your future submissions!

smdluxe said...

I love your card. When one door closes another will open! Congrats with the Guest Designer Call and good luck with your future submissions!

Peg said...

I really love this card! Such a good one for using some scraps. I'm sorry you didn't make this issue but you just keep trying! I bet you'll make it.

Kelly Schelske said...

It's a fabulous card Ronnie!! Congrats on your GD spot with Pink Cat!!

Glenda J said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Gig! Love your card - great colours. Keep trying - it took me several tries at submitting before I got accepted. You go girl!

Sylvia Blum said...

Hey.. don't be afraid of not having picked up a card! Your card is soooo beautiful and I think it sometimes is just the right/wrong color combo or something like that, that makes a card get picked or rejected? It's definitely not the quality of your card.. it's adorable!
{hugs} Sylvia

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your DG!! Thanks for sharing your card, it's great!!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing some creations on the sketches I didn't submit to and you did a onderful job! I didn't have the vision to make this one work and I love your card! It's beautiful!

Jess said...

Cute card! Love your clean and simple take!

jimlynn said...

This is a fantastic card!!!! Just love it. How anyone could reject it is just beyond me. Love it.
Congrats on the PCS guest designer spot. GREAT NEWS.
And I'll go check out the A Muse site.
Lynn

Kristii said...

What a wonderful card!!! Congratulations on being a guest designs!! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Cindy Groh said...

I think your card rocks. WTG!

Rebecha said...

This card is so original in it's design. I love it! (what do those siller publishers know anyway ... hee hee)

Now I am off to check out that catalog link...

Love ya!
Rebecha

Ashley Harris said...

This is a great card! Strong take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

This is SO cute! I love it & the colors are so fun and happy:)

Michelle VP said...

haha, well my kids must be old enough b/c I have no idea what "Yo Gabba Gabba" is. :) Still love your card though and how well those papers match each other - reminds me of quilt strips. :) You've definitely "got it"!