Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{Spring is Just Around the Corner}



It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Southeast Oklahoma. I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world today! Spring arrives early in this part of the USA, there are fruit trees, and daffodils blooming here and there. So, in honor of my second favorite time of year (fall takes the #1 spot) I decided to create a "spring theme" card today! I am happy to say that this card came together quickly. My card features a pretty dogwood branch from the Stampin' Up! set "Soft Summer".
 I colored the image with SU classic ink, and blender pens. The patterned paper is from the "Lace and Linen" DCWV stack. I machine stitched around the card, and accented the corners with  a  blossom I picked up at Michael's this weekend. I added a button tied with bakers twine. Speaking of twine I have been using it like crazy, like many others right now. I am thinking about offering a blog candy that could possibly involve a pretty selection of bakers twine in several colors. Stay tuned this week so ya don't miss out! Today I am playing along with several challenges.










8 comments:

Rebecha said...

I love that the colors are soft and the card has a very light and airy feel. :)

Rebecha

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely beautiful card I love the distressed stitched look I really must tyry this
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Lou Mac said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love how simple it is - sooo cute! That image is lovely!

Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations this fortnight in our 'Flowers' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Lou Mac said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love how simple it is - sooo cute! That image is lovely!

Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations this fortnight in our 'Flowers' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Susie Sugar said...

Nice card
Thanks for joining in the Die cut Dreams challenge this time
Hugs Susie Sugar and the Dream Team xx

Scrappellen said...

Åååå, I love this image!!:)..and I love how simple it is :)
Thank you for playing with Sketchy Colors this week, and good luck!:)

Hugs, Ellen

Unknown said...

So nice card! :)

Dragonlady said...

Beautifully elegant card, thanks for sharing at DCD.

Hugs Ali x