Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{I {heart} Jane Austen}

feb1-3

Hello! Today I am posting a card for this weeks CAS-ual Friday Challenge using this sketch:

I can't resist a sketch challenge, although I wish I had more time to play along with challenges. My days have been going by so fast! Onto business. =0) I have a new favorite stamp set "Simply Jane" by PTI. I am a huge Jane Austen fan and this stamp set is right up my alley! To create my card I cut out a simple heart shape, and using the heart "negative" as a stencil I sponged the heart shape onto my card base using Cherry, and Shell pigment ink from A Muse Studio. The ink is very wet and smudges VERY easily but it looks so pretty. I used three of the Simply Jane die cuts on my card, the large frame, Mr. Darcey, and Elizabeth. Aren't they cute! I cut out a scroll frame for the sentiment, embossed it and finished off my card with stitching, ruffly ribbon and a button. This card is not my usual style, but I did enjoy making it and that's the most important thing, right?  I hope that you have a wonderful week and as always thank you for visiting my blog!



7 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

This is gorgeous Ronnie!

carol (krillsister) said...

You created a very lovely card with this set.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Veronica! Love the silhouette image against that pink heart and white is such a classy color to pair with these colors :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Elena said...

beautiful card! love the sponged heart with the silhouette couple.

Sanketi said...

Lovely card!.I love how you used the stamp set..have to get this one!

Denise said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE it!! Beautiful work, Veronica!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love how you made the heart in the background and then used the frame to highlight your silhouettes. Thank you so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays.