Monday, February 6, 2012

{A New Day, New Challengea, and New Stamps!}

feb6-2


Hello! For the first time in as long as I can remember this is the first Monday when I was okay with the weekend being over. Yes, it was one of those. But, Monday is here and a brand new week and that makes me glad.  Today I am posting a card I created using pretty pastel colors that are featured in this weeks challenge at the Play Date Cafe. To create my card I used two sets from Papertrey Ink, my newest set, Think Big Favorites #7, and Background Basics Retro. The patterned paper is from K and Company (tan print) and My Minds Eye (pink print).


feb6-3

Isn't that little butterfly pretty? Its is from K and Co and started out white, but I used SU Pretty In Pink and a  make up sponge to add a soft touch of color.  Love! The flower was created using a cutting file from A Little Hut. Next I stamped them with my Retro back ground stamp. Lastly I sprayed them with a light mist of water, crumpled them up (gently), and flattened them out to dry. I really love the way my layered flower turned out! I don't usually create shabby chic cards but I love the way this one turned out! Today I am playing along with these challenges:

                                                                              Ribbon Reel Challenge #21



                                                                            Play Date Challenge PDCC117
 


5 comments:

Pauline said...

How absolutely soft, pretty and delicate! I love the ruffled lace and pearls, and the pretty flower! Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHH! These papers are so beautiful--so soft! LOVE that layered butterfly and that lace with the pearls! FAB! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.

Oscar said...

Such a pretty card, love the soft colours. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Helen Berry said...

Beautiful colours, lace, pearls and the sweet little butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel.

purple_pea_fran said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your card is so soft, chic and shabby! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week.