Friday, April 6, 2012

{A Dream Come True - Stamping Royalty! }

stamproyal2


Finally I can share my unbelievable news with you!


I was chosen as one of the 15 winners in the Paper Crafts magazine Stamping Royalty contest! We were notified on Monday. Finally after I stopped squealing, and crying I began to wonder if I even deserved to be a part of such an elite group of stampers. Self doubt is one of my biggest enemies. But, I took a step back and looked at all I have accomplished in the past year, World Card Making Day winner, several cards being published and several waiting to be published, lots of challenges won, and recognition. Finally today I am thinking that maybe I do deserve to be a part of this group. I am honored, completely honored. I look forward to the next year.  I truly love card making, and all of the amazing people I have met along the way. Thank you for encouraging me with your sweet comments. I can't wait to receive my tiara! 

Oh yeah, the card I posted was a card I created for Stamping Royalty. On the day I sent in my entries (5 cards). I decided against submitting this one. I LOVE the colors and design but was worried the patterned paper was too old. My Minds Eye Lush collection from two years ago.  The beautiful die cut lattice is a cutting file from "A Little Hut". I used  PTI Retro Background Basics stamped in PTI Kraft to add the small scalloped background. The butterflies started out being white. I sprayed them with Mister Huey's Bluegrass color mist. (The butterfly and mist were a part of my WCMD prize package.) I sponged the color into the wings and was very happy with the end result. I added a sentiment from PTI Think Big Favorites #7, and the big ol' button is also from PTI.

   If you have stayed with me this long THANK YOU. I didn't intend to write such a long post. I am thrilled and still in awe of being chosen as Stamping Royalty and again thank you for the support, friendship, and inspiration!


                                                                           

25 comments:

Elena said...

Your work is always beautiful - your win is well-deserved! congrats on being stamping royalty!

Dee in N.H. said...

Super huge congrats to you!! And yes, you do deserve to be there with your awesome cards!

Glenda J said...

A big congrats to you!

Danielle said...

Congrats, Veronica! So happy to be among such good company :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Veronica! Congratulations on being Stamping Royalty!

jimlynn said...

WOW!!! How wonderful for you. I just love all your creations too. Fabulous news!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

You absolutely deserve it!!! And that card is simply perfect, no matter how old the paper is :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations! If the card you didn't submit is any indication, I'm sure the winner is absolutely stunning.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Yay! Congrats my fellow queen!:)

Kimberly said...

Lovely card! Congrats on such an awesome win!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Congratulations, Veronica! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Congrats again Ronnie, well deserved for sure! Your work is always gorgeous!!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Congratulations Veronica! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Congratulations!!!

Anita Rex said...

Congratulations Veronica! :> Can't wait to see your wining card! And of course you belong in the winning group!!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Congratulations. What an honor. The card you posted is beautiful. Can't wait to see the ones you submitted.

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

*SQUEAL* I'm thrilled for you Veronica and YES you totally deserve this!!! You are such an amazing lady who is super talented!!!
Big Hugs
Karen

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

YAY!! Congratulations, Veronica! Welcome to the Stamping Royalty circle!! You SO deserve it and don't you ever think differently!!
hugs, sus

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card and congrats to you....Yay!!!

Jenny said...

Yay Veronica!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and look forward to that issue:):) You are so talented and totally deserve to be 'Royalty':):)

Kerri said...

Congratulations, Veronica! That is so very exciting, and you definitely deserve it, woman!!!

- elbeth - said...

Congrats!!! The card is gorgeous!

Kathy Mc said...

Congratulations in a BIG way, Veronica! Can't wait to see the card as all of yours are beautiful. So fun to see familiar faces on PTI's Forum win honors. WTG!

Tyra said...

Congratulations!!!

Christina said...

Huge congratulations to you, Ronnie! I can't wait to see your winning entry!