Saturday, May 21, 2011

{Thinking of You}


 Hello and welcome to my blog! Today was a dreary, over cast day which may explain why no-one stopped by to check out my scrapbook/stamp yard sale. Or my suspicions of me being the only card maker in my area just might be true! I really miss my craftin' friends on the East coast! Ok, lets talk about my card...  I used the SU set "Garden Greetings", and "Curly Cute" to create this card. The inks are from A Muse Studio, Sky, Ocean, Slate and Lichen. After I stamped the largest and darkest blue flowers (ocean) I sprinkled clear embossing powder on them and then heat embossed. I love the way it makes the blue stand out. Beautiful! I stamped the sentiment on twill ribbon using Slate ink.  I added a coffee filer carnation (so love saying that) that I accented with Sky ink. I finished off the card with machine stitching. I created my card using the following color inspiration challenge:




And this sketch challenge:

12 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty! I love the color and the pretty flower!

~Tammy~ said...

I love your beautiful flower and what a way to pack in all these challenges! Awesome job! Thanks for joining in the fun at OTWC! Good Luck! :-)

WencheP said...

Very pretty and elegant. Thank you for joining us over at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Vicky said...

Very pretty Ronnie...!

hugs Vicky xx

Ann Craig said...

At first glance this card is simply stunning, then all the little details. like the stitching and embossing show up. Wow. a beautiful job - thanks so much for sharing with us at jac-inks challenges Ronnie.

Lily Pad Cards said...

Lovely card! I love the simplicity of it but there are also so many details! The colors you used are great. Thanks for playing with us a lily pad cards.

Debbles Dabbles said...

Love the colour inspiration from OTWC and what you have done with it. Love the stitching and the embossing and the layout. Thanks for sharing it with us here on Jac-inks too!

Peggysue said...

Wow, 2 color challenges with one card - I'm impressed! Love that coffee filter flower, I'd have never guessed you made it. Thanks for playing in our COLOR challenge at Do You Stack Up? this week. Good luck in the draw!

Janna Werner said...

Hello Ronnie! Thanks so much for sharing your celery-white-sea glass blue creativity with us at DYSU Challenge Blog this week :) Janna

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very sweet card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous background and I love that you stamped the sentiment on ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at OTWC.

Lin said...

Very pretty take on Lucy's sketch' I love the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!